Welcome to I Love to Cook

Cooking is something I have always enjoyed. I learned to cook at the apron strings of my mother and grandmother. The experience of cooking brings me both pleasure and peace of mind.







Saturday, March 5, 2011

Pork Loin Stuffed with Peppers, Apple, and Mozzarella

I had to make a quick lunch while I was getting ready for work.  It turned out pretty good but I wish I could have sat down and had a proper lunch rather than having to box it up for work.  Oh well, at least my son and a co-worker got to taste the final product.




Pork Loin Stuffed with Peppers, Apple, and Mozzarella

Ingredients
  • Pork Loin (I only made 1 since I was in a hurry)
  • Shallot
  • Red Pepper
  • Yellow Pepper
  • Green Apple (firm and crisp)
  • Garlic
  • Thyme
  • Mozzarella cheese
  • White Balsamic
  • Olive Oil ( I used an infused oil with Basil and green peppers)


Preparation
  • Dice/mince the peppers, apple, garlic, thyme and shallots
  • Mix the diced items with 1/4 cup of olive oil and 1/4 - 1/2 cup of white balsamic vinegar
  • Make a butterfly cut on the pork loin lengthwise, only leaving a tiny (1/8") of meat holding the two halves together
  • Pour the mixture onto the pork loin and let it marinate at least an hour
  • Take the meat and brown the outsides in a skillet that is oven safe with olive oil (Save this skillet with all the drippings)
  • Place two to three slices of mozzarella cheese inside the butterflied pork and two scoops of the marinade.
  • Tie the butterflied pork loin together so that the diced ingredients and cheese are bound between the two halves of the pork loin
  • Place the pork back into the skillet and place into the oven at 375 degrees F
  • Cook until done approximately 15 minutes
  • Remove fom the oven and let the meat rest
  • Remove the ties from the meat and plate

1 comment:

  1. What a wonderful meal for lunch. Mine are far less grand. Yours sounds absolutely delicious. I'm a big fan of pork and always love to get tips and recipes that allow me to prepare it in different ways. I hope you have a great day. Blessings...Mary

    ReplyDelete