Welcome to I Love to Cook

Cooking is something I have always enjoyed. I learned to cook at the apron strings of my mother and grandmother. The experience of cooking brings me both pleasure and peace of mind.







Saturday, March 26, 2011

Aviation Week Laureate Awards in Washinton DC - March 2011

My wife and I recently returned from Washington DC where we attended an awards ceremony.  We were only there for a couple of days but had some fantastic food and shopping.  We stayed at the Palomar Hotel in DuPont Circle.  The restuarant attached to the hotel is Urbana's.  A friend and I had a late evening snack of wine and appetizers.  I really enjoyed the "Merguez House Made Lamb Sauage with Chestnut & Salsa Verde".  They also had killer scallops.  Dawn & I grabbed a pizza at "Pizzeria Paradiso".  This place was packed but the food was great.  We also had lunch at "Old Ebbitt Grill" , an old Washingtom landmark since the 1800s.  I had  a half dozen oysters and crab cakes.  Lots of crab and the oysters were great.  At he awards dinner they served lambchop appetizers before we were seated.  What a great way to start a meal.  The dinner was good for a banquet but the lambchops were the standout  Then on our final lunch we went to "Bistro Francais".  Again a very pleasant meal in a quiet and authentically french setting.  All in all we had a wonderful trip and it seems like we ate and ate.  Oh BTW I forgot the chocolatier and the cupcake store.

No comments:

Post a Comment