Welcome to I Love to Cook

Cooking is something I have always enjoyed. I learned to cook at the apron strings of my mother and grandmother. The experience of cooking brings me both pleasure and peace of mind.







Sunday, May 1, 2011

Seafood Medley in a Cream Sauce, served with Herbed Polenta



I made this set of dishes for Easter and then again for my sister and niece this last weekend.  Really simple but definitely tasty. 

The seafood medley - is a combination of assorted seafood, I used shrimp, scallops, and a white fish.  I sauteed a meduium shallot in olive oil and then lightly browned the fish then the scallops and the shrimp.  I added about a cup of white wine (Chardonnay), a cup heavy cream, and approx. 1 tbl of butter.  Iplaced everything in a greased casserole dish and baked at approx. 350 F.

The herbed polenta - is a basic recipe of mixing the polenta to the standard 2 cups of liquid to 1 cup of solids.  I used 3/4 cream to 1/4 water as my liquid.  I slowly stirred the liquid into the polenta meal while constantly stirring over a low heat.   I also added chopped shallots, thyme, and garlic chives.  Once he mixture was thickened I added two raw eggs and vigorously mixed them into the polenta mixture.  The heat will cook the eggs.  Salt and pepper to taste.  I then spooned the polenta into a greased casserole dish, topped with with guyere cheese and placed it intothe oven with the seafood.

After about 20 to 30 minutes I removed everything and allowed it to rest.  I plated the polenta and served the seafood medley over the polenta squares.

1 comment:

  1. WOW!!! I am a seafood lover and this is a great recipe to try!

    ReplyDelete