With summer here we wanted something light and tasty without alot of cooking. We went to the market picked up a roasted chicken, a few vegetables, and presto chango, dinner for two. BTW my wife came up with a great suggestion/idea to give the salad a fresh taste. We added lime infused olive oil to the dressing. Since I tried this recipe a couple of times I also increased the lime flavor with a little lime zest. For a non cook she really hit a homerun on this one!
- Chopped roasted chicken, approx. 3 - 4 cups
- 10 ox package of slaw
- 3 stocks of celery, diced
- 1/2 cup red onion, diced
- Handful of cilantro, chopped
- 1/4 cup alonds, chopped
- Handful of red grapes, cut in halves
- 1 Tablespoon Lime Infused Olive Oil (Optional)
- Lime Zest (1/2 smal lime)
- 2 - 3 Tablespoons Red Wine Vinegar
- Combine the mayonaise, oil oil, lime zest, and red wine vinegar into a mixing bowl and mix together.
- Add a couple of spoons of sugar, stir and taste. Continue adding sugar until you have a sweetness you like. If you overshoot, add a little vinegar. This is truly a mix and taste recipe.
- Combine and mix all of the salad ingredients into a large bowl
- Pour the salad dressing onto the salad, mix and serve as a sandwich or as a bed of salad