1/4 cup Malibu Caribbean Rum with natural coconut flavor
1/4 cup Mango Tropical Rum Liqueur
3 inch Vanilla bean
1 cup Fresh Cranberries
2-3 tbl Unsalted Butter
1/4 cup Sugar
- Slice the cranberries while you melt the butter in a skillet
- Add the cranberries to the skillet along with the sugar, vanilla, and rums (be careful of the flamable alcohols)
- Flame the mixture to burn off the excess falmable alcohol
- Allow the cranberry mixture to boil but be carefyl not to burn
- When the cranberries are cooked smash the cranberries into a mush while continuing to cook.
- Add the zest of 1/2 an orange and mix well into the mixture
- Continue to cook on med to hi heat until the cranberries has thickened, remove from heat and allow to cool - I placed the mixture in a metal bowl and placed in the freezer to cool it quickly
This is a beautiful deep red dish with a fair amount of texture. Served in a white bowl with an appropiate ladle or spoon makes this both a visual and tasty side dish.