Welcome to I Love to Cook

Cooking is something I have always enjoyed. I learned to cook at the apron strings of my mother and grandmother. The experience of cooking brings me both pleasure and peace of mind.







Friday, April 22, 2011

Good Friday Lunch - Perch, Zucchini, Beurre Blanc Sauce, & Trebbiano


Nothing especially great but just wanted to share. 


Perch
The perch  was salt and peppered then baked in olive oil and wine at 350 degrees F.  I made a beurre blanc from the fish saute, more wine and butter.  I have a recipe for beurre blanc if you would like details.

Homemade breadcrumbs baked with zucchini squash
I pulsed a couple of sesame seed pieces of bread in the food processor.  I added the bread crumbs to a skillet with 1 tbl of butter, olive oil, a shallot, a large clove of garlic, and chopped parsley.  Once the breadcrumbs were browned I added a handfullof basil leaves.  I then quartered my zucchini and oiled them.  Rolled the zucchini in the bread crums, topped with parmesean cheese and baked at 350 for 20 - 30 minutes.  This was inspired by Claudia at http://pegasuslegend-whatscookin.blogspot.com/2011/04/baked-zucchini-fries-recipe.html

Bread and Wine
I sliced a piece of bread and opened the bottle of Godde Pass Trebbiano.  The wine is from our local Souza Family Winery

4 comments:

  1. I am sure you enjoyed such a great lunch!Love the breadcrumbs-zucchini recipe!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good lord this is an amazing improvise! I love the sesame bread addition and did you know perch was my favorite of all time fish? Is there anything leftover I will catch the next plane? Thanks for the mention and happy happy easter to you Buono Pasqua .... bellissimo!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks like a great earthy and rustic meal. The zucchini sound and look wonderful. I hope you have a very Happy Easter!

    ReplyDelete