Welcome to I Love to Cook

Cooking is something I have always enjoyed. I learned to cook at the apron strings of my mother and grandmother. The experience of cooking brings me both pleasure and peace of mind.







Saturday, April 16, 2011

Vegetable Stuffed Pork Loin

I am home alone for a few weeks and wanted to try something fresh.  I raided the refrigerator and combined fresh vegetables with a pork tenerloin.  I topped the meal off with a tomato and basil salad, and a homemade sparkling rum drink.  Really yummy - let me know if you try this and what you think




Ingredients
  • 1 small bunch of spinach
  • 2 -3 oz of gruyere cheese
  • 1 leek
  • 3 slices of fennel bulb
  • 1cup mushrroms
  • 1 green onion
  • 1 tbl butter
  • Olive Oil
  • Salt & Pepper

Preparation
Chop the leek, onion, fennel, cheese and mushrooms into coarse chunks.  Place the chopped vegetables along with the spinach into a skillet generously coated with olive oil and the melted butter.  Allow the vegetables to cook down by at least 1/2 to 2/3 and set aside.

Slice the tenderloin lengthwise approx. 1/2 inch deep.  Unfold at the cut and cut again lengthwise at the thickest point.  Repeat this at least two more times until the tenderloin can be layed out into a semi-flat  piece of meat.

Fill the meat with the cooked vegetables and tie with butchers string.  Place the meat in an oil pan and cook at 375 defgees.  It should take about 15 - 20 minutes.  Removethe meat from the oven and let it rest before serving.

2 comments:

  1. Looks and sounds full of color and flavor!I like the blending of all the veggies with the cheese!Enjoy the second half of the weekend!

    ReplyDelete