Welcome to I Love to Cook

Cooking is something I have always enjoyed. I learned to cook at the apron strings of my mother and grandmother. The experience of cooking brings me both pleasure and peace of mind.







Sunday, November 28, 2010

Gluten Free Quinoa Stuffing

The 2010 Thanksgiving was spent with the family and essentially everything was provided by my mom.  A few sides such as a Ceasar salad from my brother, truffle mashpotatoes was my addition, and then a lot of help around the kitchen by my sisters and nieces.  A great time was hed by all.  Since several of our family have to avoid gluten I tried a stove top substitution with Quinoa.

Ingredients
Quinoa
Chicken Broth
Onion
Celery
Sage
Poultry Spice
Salt & Pepper
Optional - Pre grilled diced chicken

Preparation
Prepare the quinoa per the package instructions - basically the standard 2 cups of liquid to a cup of grain, boil, simmer with cover, and fluff
While the quinoa is boiling add chopped celery and onion
Season with sage and poultry spice.  I used about 2 - 3 tsp for four coups of broth
Season with salt and pepper
Optional - to add a little protein to the dish I added a pre grilled diced chicken breast

Plating suggestions
At our dinner it was truly a family pot luck and we were out of bowls and serving directly from the pot.  However, the dish had a typical stuffing look after it was cooked.  It could easily be dressed up with a little color from parsley, an orange slice, and a few cranberries.

No comments:

Post a Comment