Welcome to I Love to Cook

Cooking is something I have always enjoyed. I learned to cook at the apron strings of my mother and grandmother. The experience of cooking brings me both pleasure and peace of mind.







Wednesday, November 24, 2010

Sweet Cinnamon Banana

Using the poaching syrup from the Poached Pears I made a quick but tasty dessert

Ingredients
  • Orange zest (1/2 orange)
  • 4 Tablespoons of the poaching syrup
  • 1 Banana
  • Cinnamon
  • Butter
Preparation
  • Melt a small amount of butter, enough to coat the bottom of a saute pan
  • Slice the banana into the pan
  • Add the poaching syrup (be careful of the hot butter)
  • Add cinnamon to taste (approx 1/4 tsp)
  • Saute the banana slices until they are tender
Serve
The syrup and cinnamon should have fully coated the bananas.  Arrange the slices on the plate with a small scoop of vanilla ice cream

1 comment:

  1. Oh this sounds so delicious! I think this is such an exciting blog that you are sharing with everyone. You have such good taste and I enjoy each time we have a meal together, you make the experience very educating for me. Do you think we might be able to try this Sweet Cinnamon Bannanas while you are home for Christmas? I can't wait to see you. Love You.

    ReplyDelete