Welcome to I Love to Cook

Cooking is something I have always enjoyed. I learned to cook at the apron strings of my mother and grandmother. The experience of cooking brings me both pleasure and peace of mind.







Friday, November 5, 2010

Miso Marinade

Miso Marinade

Ingredients

Miso - 1-2 cups
Soy Sauce - enough to solvate ~ 1/4 to 1/2 cup
Shallots - handful
Lemon Zest - zest of 1-2 lemons

When I made my version I used a little white wine as well

Mix miso, soy sauce, lemon zest, and shallots in a large bowl.  Also white wine if you want.

This is a great marinade for chicken or fish.  Be careful since the soy sauce is salty, you probably will not need additional salt.  You should season to your own taste but taste the mixture before you add any additional salt components.

We used this on a sea bass and the results were fantastic.  A little secret – if you plan to grill or broil, then add a small amount of sugar in the mixture.  This will allow the fish or even the chicken to slightly blacken without burning any meat.  It is actually the sugar that is forming a glaze/char which is nice and crunchy.

Another great contribution from Chef John Surla

No comments:

Post a Comment